Saturday, May 9, 2009

...jaded chicken

In a Woody Allen phase so downloaded Annie Hall and Manhattan. Digested Annie Hall through some spare time this week and still cracking up over the wit. Was stuck on the closing quotes though while doing some soul spring cleaning.

Alvy Singer: this guy goes to a psychiatrist and says, "Doc, uh, my brother's crazy; he thinks he's a chicken." And, uh, the doctor says, "Well, why don't you turn him in?" The guy says, "I would, but I need the eggs." Well, I guess that's pretty much now how I feel about relationships; y'know, they're totally irrational, and crazy, and absurd, and... but, uh, I guess we keep goin' through it because, uh, most of us... need the eggs.

I haven't had a single boyfriend (in the truest sense of the word) in the last TWO years...and the best thing (or worst depending on how you look at it) about it is that it doesn't really bother me. I have become incredibly comfortable in my own skin.

So is my chicken jaded, cynical and sceptical to the point of non-existence?

Yeah, I'll just push this down to the bottom of the 'things to mull over' list and deal with it another time.

In other news, am off to Nagasaki shortly, my first major trip out of Tokyo...and off Honshu (well, i did go to Nagano in Winter but that was still on the same island!) So yeah, its going to be da bomb! to see that side of Japan (pun intended...bad joke, i know, but bad jokes are my trademark)

Working Monday to Friday but trying to squeeze some exploration time into the trip so flying out of Haneda at 6am!

tres excited!

No comments: