Sunday, May 2, 2010

Crawl right back under your rock please.

So had become a bit of a homebody recently, not that there's (too much) wrong with it :P The cold weather coupled with a touch (more like big dent) of brokedness and a long list of downloaded 'must-sees' make home so much better an option.

But its Golden Week now and Spring is finally here, the sun is shining, and the allowance is in!

The last two days has mainly been made up of me and my trusty bicycle cruising the neighbourhood. To the point that I now have blisters on the palms of my hands >_< That's what happens when you stay indoors too long. To further break the hermit trend, a few days earlier I joined a friend for some drinks in Shinjuku (15minutes bike ride from my place!)

Several drinks and hours later we walked down to probably the only everyone-can-hear-you-try-to-sing karaoke bar in town (the rest are private rooms that you hire for only the people you're with, karaoke is serious business in this country)

Random Japanese Guy in the bar: Where are you from?
Me: Fiji
Guy: Fiji?
Me: hai, minami taiheiyou (yes, south pacific)
Guy: eh, Feeejeee? (stretching name to Mars and back)
Guy (After giving it some thought): kuni da?

(which translated means...is it a country?) >_<

Some people wear the 'geographically challenged' badge like a medal.

you see why I prefer spending time at home.

1 comment:

Shiawase said...

during my o-week, this HK girl had no idea what Fiji was.I said "hullo! HK 7s rugby? We used to win?".....still didn't ring any bells -___- Some are just blissfully ignorant XD